In a latest development on the Sind-Indian standoff on Doklam, the Chinese foreign ministry has announced that the Indian security forces have withdrawn from the Chinese territory. Additionally, as per the agreement, the Chinese government has also removed road building equipment from the site.
Amid the ongoing standoff between the troops of India and China at Doklam in the Sikkim sector, the Indian Army Chief General Bipin Rawat had previously warned that the incidents like the current impasse in Doklam are likely to ‘increase’ in the future, Indian media reported.
The army chief said that even if Beijing and New Delhi arrive at a resolution regarding the current standoff, “our troops on the border should not feel it cannot happen again”.
On the other hand, the Chinese foreign ministry confirmed Monday that India has removed its trespassing troops from China’s territory on the Doklam Plateau.
“On the afternoon of August 28, the Indian side has pulled back all the trespassing personnel and equipment to the Indian side of the boundary and the Chinese personnel on the ground has verified this. China will continue to exercise its sovereignty and uphold its territorial integrity in accordance with historical conventions,” Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said at Monday’s daily regular press conference.
She said that since June 18, Indian troops illegally crossed the border and trespassed on Chinese territory in Doklam, and China has used multiple diplomatic channels to engage with India and also conducted effective military measures to safeguard its sovereignty and legal rights.
“The Chinese government highly values its friendly relationship with India. We hope India can fulfill the historic agreement on the border and safeguard the stability of the border area with China,” Hua said.